I agree. It’s special.
Treasurebeach.net says it right on the front page.
What We Are:
- a string of sleepy fishing villages located off the beaten track on Jamaica’s desert south coast
- a community-based tourism destination involved and active in sustainable local development
- laid back, friendly, and proud to be Jamaican
What We Are Not:
- a resort town with jet skis, para-sailing, and glitzy nightlife
- competing in the rat race
- the typical tourist trap
What We Offer:
- six miles of sandy beaches, private coves, and rocky shorelines
- four public beaches well suited for swimming, snorkeling, and body-surfing
- an opportunity to learn about the island’s vibrant culture and rich history from the people who live here
- day trips for sightseeing, exploring, and more
It’s Breds, The Treasure Beach Foundation, an organization worth learning much more about: